Patent FAQ

What resources are available if I am encountering issues with protecting or enforcement my intellectual property rights abroad?

The rights granted by a U.S. patent extend only throughout the territory of the United States and have no effect in a foreign country. An inventor who wants patent protection in other countries must apply for a patent in each of the other countries or in regional patent offices. U.S. businesses and stakeholders who are encountering difficulties in protecting or enforcing intellectual property rights in a foreign country are encouraged to consult the IP Attaché pages of the USPTO website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *