Patent FAQ

Must an application for an invention made at least partially in the U.S. be filed in the U.S. prior to filing abroad?

No, 35 U.S.C. 184 merely requires applicant to obtain a license from the USPTO prior to filing in a foreign country. This may be done in accordance with 37 CFR 5.13.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *